www.acog.org - The American college of Obstetricians and Gynecologist (ACOG) is the leading organization of healthcare professions in our nation that provides healthcare to women. This organization is considered the expert on women's healthcare. One primary focus for this organization is to provide the consumer quality information so they may be involved in their care. We have many of their pamphlets in our office, feel free to ask for them at your visit. If you are at home visit their patient website, which has information on a wide variety of issues that women need to be informed about. they also have information in Spanish.
StrongMoms -Pregnancy and Baby Tips & Advice - Brought
To You By the Makers of Similac
www.myMidwife.org - everything you need to know about midwifery, pregnancy, and women's health.
www.healthy-baby.org - A website with nutrition information for new and expectant mothers. A great guide for a healthy pregnancy; before, during and after pregnancy.
www.exempla.org - Exempla Healthcare, Saint Joseph Hospital and Lutheran Medical Center
www.childbirthclass.com - With their one of a kind Pregnancy
Center, you can watch educational pregnancy videos on line through state
of the art streaming video. learn about false labor, epidurals,
postpartum and more.
www.nccam.nih.gov - office of Alternative Medicine, National Institutes of Health
www.WCN.org - women's Cancer network, Risk Assessment
www.mymidwife.org - everything you need to know about midwifery, pregnancy, and women's health.
Other Helpful websites:
www.Menopause.org - the leading nonprofit scientific organization devoted to promoting women's health and quality of life through an understanding of menopause. This site contains information on menopause, perimenopause, early menopause, menopause symptoms and long-term health effects of estrogen loss, and a wide variety of strategies and therapies to enhance health.
www.DrKoop.com - DrKoop.com is one of the most trusted sources of medical information and up to date news and contains a doctor-approved health encyclopedia of diseases and conditions, the ability to find symptoms and treatments. Also drug information with side effects and interactions
www.FDA.gov - Home Page for the Food and Drug Administration
www.DietFraud.com - Protect yourself from diet scams
- Epidural Analgesia (Volume 52, Number 3)
- Am I In Labor? (Volume 48, Number 4)
Back Pain During Pregnancy (Volume 50, Number 5)
- Eating Safely During Pregnancy (Volume 49, Number 4)
- Emergency Contraception (Volume 51, Number 6)
Environmental Hazards During Pregnancy (Volume 51,
- Folic Acid - What's It All About? (Volume 48, Number 5)
- Genital Warts (Volume 49, Number 1)
Gestational Diabetes (Volume 51, Number 2)
- Get Moving! (Volume 48, Number 6)
- Group B Strep in Pregnancy (Volume 47, Number 6)
- Hepatitis C (Volume 50, Number 4)
- Immunizations for Adults (Volume 52, Number 2)
- Natural Family Planning (Volume 51, Number 6)
- Nausea & Vomiting During Pregnancy (Volume 51, Number 4)
- Osteoporosis (Volume 48, Number 1)
- Pain During Childbirth (Volume 49, Number 6)
- Perineal Massage in Pregnancy (Volume 50, Number 1)
- Prenatal Tests for Birth Defects (Volume 49, Number 3)
- Prenatal Tests for Down Syndrome (Volume 50, Number 3)
- Postpartum Depression (Volume47, Number 5)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (Volume 48, Number 2)
- Should I Have a Cesarean Section? (Volume 49, Number 2)
- Taking Care of Your Health (Volume 51, Number 3)
- Taking Medicine During Pregnancy (Volume 52, Number 1)
- Urinary Tract Infections (Volume 50, Number 6)
- Weight Gain During Pregnancy (Volume 48, Number 3)
What is a Midwife (Volume 51, Number 5)
- When Does the Bag of Waters Break? (Volume 49, Number 5)
Site designed by Marketing Aftermath