1. Keep glucose drink refrigerated.
2. On the day of the test, eat a normal breakfast and / or lunch. Avoid sweets such as soda pop, candy and fruits.
3. Drink half (5 oz) of the glucose bottle 45 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR DOCTOR APPOINTMENT. If you are having an ultrasound on the day of your test drink the glucose when you arrive. You may throw the rest away. Your blood needs to be drawn at 1 hour after you finish drinking the glucose, so plan on being in the office 15 minutes before the blood is drawn.
4. Write down the time you finished drinking the glucose. You must finish drinking the glucose within 10 minutes of the time you start.
5. Do not eat or drink anything after you finish drinking the glucose
6. When checking in at the front desk, give this sheet to the receptionist.
7. Your blood must be drawn one hour from the time you finish drinking the glucose or the test will not be accurate. PLEASE NOTIFY THE RECEPTIONIST IF YOUR HOUR IS UP AND YOU HAVE NOT HAD YOUR BLOOD DRAWN.
Thank you for your assistance.
TIME FINISHED DRINKING ________________________
PATIENT NAME ________________________________